Biking in a theatre of history
The Valparola pass, once on the old Italian-Austrian border, now divides Val Badia from Val di Fodom and Cortina. It is still an area rich in testimonies of the First World War such as the Tre Sassi Fort, which was part of the Austrian fortifications and now houses a beautiful museum.
Experienced bikers can opt for a more challenging alternative route that leads up to the foot of Mount Averau passing by the 5 Torri and then near the medieval fortress of Andraz Castle. A true open-air museum.
- Itinerary: La Villa - San Cassiano - Malga Valparola - Valparola - San Cassiano - La Villa
- Distance: 27 km
- Height difference: 900 m
- Difficulty level: S0-S1 (Medium - Easy) ⓘ
- Itinerary: La Villa - San Cassiano - Valparola - 5 Torri - Andraz Castle - Valparola - La Villa
- Distance: 48 km
- Height difference: 1700 m (300 m by chairlift)
- Difficulty: S2 (Difficult) ⓘ
- 1 day 39 €
- 3 days 99 €
Private bespoke tours
- 1 day (1-2 pers.) 198 € / each additional person + 15 €
- 1/2 day (1-2 pers.) 125 € / each additional person + 10 €